Charming hotel for sale, in the heart of Malaga
- Investors for: boutique hotel or wellness center, co-living opportunities
- Individuals, who wants to continue the tradition of a family-run business
Unique Villa, built before 1947 and fully renovated in 2002, located in the most charming neighborhood of the city center of Malaga.
It takes a 10-min walk to reach Plaza Merced (one of the most popular squares of the city center), but you are at the same time next to a beautiful mountain (Mount Victoria), in the quiet residential area of Conde de Ureña, mostly populated by other villas, with their own private terraces and gardens.
You are in the heart of Malaga, but in the green, smelling flowers and enjoying breathtaking views overlooking the Malaga Castle “Gibralfaro” and the city center of Malaga, including its beautiful cathedral.
The renovation performed in 2002 was complete, to transform a private family house to a Hotel, which has been running ever since, with a total occupation of around 90% of the year (Malaga is a popular tourist destination all year around).
The property has a current capacity of 8 hotel rooms (all exterior, bright and spacious, each one having an interior bathroom, built-in wardrobes, desk, and air conditioning unit), of which 1 located in the ground floor and the remaining 7 hotel rooms distributed in the 1st floor. The 2nd floor is a separate attic apartment with its own private terrace, storage, and laundry area.
The house floors are connected both through an internal staircase and an elevator.
Also, the orientation of the house is excellent; facing south, with fabulous views over the mountains, castle and city center.
Details about the hotel dimensions and space distribution:
- Plot of 400 m2: 240 m2 occupied for the hotel and the rest for access space, terrace and garden
- Built area of 514 m2 divided into 3 floors and distributed as follows:
A. Ground floor: 240 m2, consisting of: garage, entrance porch, entrance with a large reception office, 2 living rooms, 1 large fully-equipped kitchen, 2 toilets, 1 hotel room, private garden and terrace.
B. 1st floor: 221 m2, consisting of: remaining 7 hotel rooms and 1 cleaning room
C. 2nd floor: 53.85 m2, consisting of: owners’ attic apartment with 2 rooms, 1 kitchen and 1 bathroom, 1 large rooftop terrace, that includes a laundry room (with its own air conditioning unit and breathtaking views) and 2 storage rooms
Therefore, the property has a total of: 10 Rooms, 11 bathrooms, 2 kitchens, 2 living rooms, entrance with a large reception area, garden, terraces, 2 storage rooms, 1 cleaning room, 1 laundry room, private garage and elevator.
Other notes / characteristics of the property:
- The only area of the house that has retained the original floor of the house is the entrance, living rooms and garden/terrace located on the ground floor. The rest of the house have new floors, following the complete renovation project in 2002.
- Natural gas for hot water and cooking
- High ceilings, lots of light and space
- Air conditioning: individual AC/splits units in each hotel room and in the following areas: entrance and living rooms on ground floor, hallway on the 1st floor, and in the attic apartment and the laundry located in the rooftop terrace)
- The garage is currently used as "disabled access" (a necessary requirement for the hotel license)